Apprentices Qualifications & Training
In addition you may get the opportunity to take part in specialised training during your apprenticeship/traineeship. This will depend on the trade you are doing and any special tasks that you might have to do, such as entry to confined spaces or working at heights.
Extra training will be given to you during your apprenticeship or traineeship to deal with specific workplace hazards.
During each stage of your training term a specific online safety training task is scheduled for you to complete. This training is a mandatory part of your apprenticeship/traineeship with us and serves to further enhance your safety knowledge in the workplace.
Australian Apprenticeships & Traineeships
Australian apprenticeships and traineeships are the best way to combine training and employment and lead to a nationally recognised qualification. When you finish your qualification you will get a Trade Certificate. This certificate sets you on the pathway to higher qualifications – Diploma and/or Advanced Diploma, or professional qualifications at university.
Australian apprenticeships/traineeships are:
- a great way to get a head start in your chosen career;
- paid work and structured training that can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both;
- 'competency based' training - which means there is the opportunity for you to complete your apprenticeship/traineeship under the standard contract time with hard work. It’s up to you;
- the chance to have existing skills and prior experience recognised and course credit granted, which might reduce formal training time;
- nationally recognised qualifications and skills which provide the basis for further education and training over the course of your working life; and
- a pathway from school to work;
- an opportunity to re-enter the workforce for individuals undergoing a career change.
Australian apprenticeships and traineeships are available in a variety of certificate levels in more than 500 occupations across Australia. Apprenticeships and traineeship exist not only the ‘traditional trades’, but in a diverse range of emerging careers in most sectors of business and industry.
Get more information from the Australian Apprenticeships website.
At Ai Group Apprentice and Trainee Centre we can offer apprenticeships/traineeships across Australia in any trade or industry. We regularly have a range of apprenticeship trades including (but not limited to):
- Air-conditioning/Refrigeration Mechanical;
- Electrical Instrumentation;
- Engineering - Fitter / Machinist;
- Engineering - Heavy Fabrication (Boilermaker);
- Engineering - Light Fabrication (Sheetmetal);
- Engineering - Maintenance Fitter, and Toolmaker;
- Automotive – Diesel Fitter/Mechanic;
- Automotive – Mechanic;
- Building and Construction – Carpentry;
- Building and Construction – Tiling;
- Building and Construction – Bricklaying;
- Building and Construction - Plumbing
- Hospitality, Health, Local Government and Printing;
- Horticulture & Landscaping;
Our traineeships generally covered include (but are not limited to):
- Automotive Spare Parts Interpreter;
- Information Technology; and
- Engineering Production.