There are key points you need to consider when deciding whether you want an apprentice or trainee:
- Can the business meet the costs of employing an apprentice/trainee for up to 4 years?
- Is the business able to provide the level of supervision required?
- Is the business able to meet the training obligations associated with an apprenticeship/traineeship?
- Does the business have the capacity to pay wages and on-costs in good and lean times?
- Are you able to provide a safe working environment?
When advertising for an apprentice, does your advertisement describe:
- the industry sector;
- its fit in the Australian or local economy;
- the products your firm makes;
- the job role, and
- any career-building opportunities for the potential applicant.
If it all seems too hard – why not become
an Ai Group Apprentice and Trainee Centre host and let us do the hard work for you.
Ai Group Apprentice and Trainee Centre has proven to be a relatively easy way to take on apprentices and trainees. This arrangement eases the burden of paperwork for wages, allowances, workers compensation and superannuation, which allows employers to invest more time in supervising and monitoring the performance and well-being of the new apprentice or trainee. We allow a business to regain one of their most valuable assets – time.
We make it simple for businesses to take on apprentices and trainees by providing the following support:
- apprentices and trainees are carefully selected and undergo a rigorous pre-screening process;
- paperwork and payroll is all handled by Ai Group Apprentice and Trainee Centre;
- continuous support is provided by a team of Employment and Training Consultants for both the employer and the apprentice; and
- apprentices are educated by the recruitment team to take safety issues seriously. All the necessary information, instruction and training to help them perform their work safely without risk to their health or their workmates is provided.