Applications closing soon:
What is the IT Traineeship Program?
The IT traineeship program has been designed to give trainees an opportunity to begin their IT career through paid, hands-on work experience and training towards a nationally accredited IT qualification.
With Australia needing over 200,000 IT workers within the next five years to keep up with current demand, an IT traineeship is a fantastic opportunity to secure your future within the industry.
The IT Traineeship Program involves:
- A free 4 week pre-employment training course to get you job ready
- A paid 12 month IT traineeship in a Certificate III or IV in Information Technology (at the National Training Wage rate); and
- Personalised support from a dedicated mentor
Advantages of a traineeship
Traineeships provide a context for learning and enables you to:
- Earn money while you are learning
- Gain valuable experience in real work environments
- Be taught the latest knowledge and skills on the job
- Finish with a nationally recognised qualification without the drawback of full-time study
- Gain a valuable qualification without the debt of a degree
- Progress to higher qualifications if desired
The program offers a wide range of potential paths within IT
A qualification in IT will provide you with the knowledge and skills to solve real-life IT issues within a range of industry sectors. Potential areas of employment include:
A software engineer applies mathematical analysis and the principles of computer science to design and develop computer software.
This is the work involved in developing a public web site or internal intranet system; both front end design and backend development.
Digital marketing encompasses all marketing activities that are primarily focused on online mediums.
Application development is the process of creating a computer program or a set of programs to perform the different tasks that a business or the public requires.
There are a huge range of IT jobs within the financial sectors. The nature and type of IT work can vary tremendously.
Cyber-security is the practice of defending computer systems from malicious attacks and accidental data loss.
To apply, you will require:
- A copy of your curriculum vitae; and
- A short paragraph telling us why you would like to undertake an IT Traineeship
- Round 3 applications close 9 April 2020
- Round 4 applications open 20 April 2020
- Round 4 applications close 21 May 2020
Interested in learning more?
If you are wanting to gain practical, on-the-job skills whilst being paid to learn then the IT Traineeship Program is for you. Make the first step towards achieving the career of your dreams and register your interest today.