Solar Victoria Apprenticeships for Women
The Ai Group Apprentice and Trainee Centre is partnering with the Victorian Government to encourage more businesses, operating in the solar electrical and heating and cooling industries, to offer apprenticeships to women.
A two-year program will provide a 50% subsidy on wage and training costs for businesses employing women apprentices in the solar electrical and air conditioning and refrigeration industries.
These industries deliver Solar Victoria’s Solar Homes and Home Heating and Cooling Upgrade rebate programs.
Interested businesses and potential candidates are invited to fill in the relevant Expression of Interest form and will be contacted.
Commencement of an apprenticeship within a growing renewables sector. Provision of applicable allowances and extra financial incentives. An apprenticeship system that will see you supported for the life of your apprenticeship with one to one mentoring.
Benefits for candidates
- Apprentice incentive payments of up to $15,000.00 paid in addition to your wages over the course of the two year program.
- Additional tickets provided including Working at Heights, Construction Industry (White Card), Level 2 First Aid at no cost to the apprentice
- All PPE Provided
- All TAFE/Training fees paid for
- Nationally accredited training, with the opportunity to be an A-Grade Electrician
- Ongoing mentoring and support from a dedicated field officer
Qualifications for candidates
- UEE30820 – Certificate III in Electrotechnology, Electrician
- UEE32211 – Certificate III in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration
24 months of a 50% subsidised wage and ATC costs for businesses employing women commencing as apprentices in the solar electrical and air conditioning and refrigeration industries through the ATC. These industries deliver Solar Victoria’s Solar Homes and Home Heating and Cooling Upgrade rebate programs.
Benefits for host companies
- Specialised recruitment services
- Aptitude testing and pre-screening interviews for all candidates
- WHS assessments
- Pre-employment medical
- All administrative duties related to the employment, training, and wage of the apprentice covered by the GTO
For further enquiries about this program, please call Stephanie O’Neill – 03 9867 0281
This initiative is funded by Solar Victoria as part of the Training and Workforce Development package.
SOLAR VICTORIA APPRENTICESHIPS – EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Please complete the form to send us your details for the Solar Victoria Apprenticeships for Women program.