Safety Newsletter – Issue 3 September 2018
DON’T DROP THE BALL! STAY SAFE.
It’s the last quarter!
So, don’t drop the ball….
This is a game we must win….so
Let’s finish the game and all go home safe!
Nationally we had more injuries in the last quarter of 2017 than any other quarter last year.
This time of year, we are getting tired, looking forward to a break and rushing jobs as everybody want things done yesterday!
So be a Safety Leader and finish the game off strong!
Tips to get you through this last quarter.
- Always adopt a “Take 5” approach to anything you do
- Look out for your own safety and your workmates
- Always wear the appropriate PPE
- Offer suggestions to improve safety in your workplace
- Report all hazards and near misses
- Always follow safety policies and procedures
- Do not rush jobs, think about your tasks
- Housekeeping is everything
And remember “the standards you walk past, are the standards you except”.
If you have any safety concerns or issues, please use the contacts below:
NORTH SYDNEY OFFICE
51 Walker St, North Sydney 2060
PO Box 289, North Sydney 2059
Tel: 02 9466 5566
Fax: 02 9466 5432
VICTORIAN STATE OFFICE
L2, 441 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004
PO Box 7622, Melbourne VIC 3004
Tel: 03 9867 0149
Fax: 03 9864 0193
Employment & Training Consultant & Mentor – VIC
Mob: 0412 885 018 / Tel: 03 9867 0127
ADELAIDE STATE OFFICE
45 Greenhill Rd, Wayville 5034
Kerrie Campbell – Administration Officer
Tel: 08 8394 0000
Employment & Training Consultant / Apprentice Mentor
Mob: 0404 019 298 / Tel: 08 8394 0037