Risk taking can be simply defined as consciously or non-consciously controlled behaviour with a perceived uncertainty about the outcome.
Some examples of risks below:
- Not wearing correct PPE
- Being at work affected by drugs or alcohol
- Conducting tasks knowing it is unsafe to do so
- Conducting tasks that you are not trained and/or licenced in
- Working on unguarded machinery
- Not asking questions
Out of work:
- Drinking excessively
- Taking drugs
- Unprotected sex
- Drink Driving
- Extreme sports
- Dangerous activities due to peer pressure
What could happen to you?
- Being injured or injuring a workmate
- Losing your job
- Financial loss
- Mental health issues
- Losing or hurting your family and friends
Think Safe, Be Safe, Leave Safe.